Wiko Rainbow went dead (Cyanogen CM13) and is back alive! - [Fixed] & [Solved]

Recently this was to read on the other post ("Wiko Rainbow Cyanogen CM 13 ROM - Marshmallow 6.0.1 at XDA for Wiko Rainbow") a word of warning because me and some other users, suffered from a suddely "My Wiko Rainbow is dead"-syndrome. So I decided NOT to give up on my device with success!
While I wrote on my Blog before:
WORD OF WARNING:  DON'T PROCEED (without reading)!!! After two days of working perfectly, my Wiko Rainbow blasted. Can connect it to power - but no charging and no indicating light / animation. I can connect it to PC: *DING DONG* -> USB detected -> *DONG DING* "USB gone". No lights or whatever at the phones side.

Can't see any devices in system properties. Can't what's damaged. Youtube ran over night. Maybe the phone overheated and I didn't realize it. Or the battery drained to the "point of no return". Who knows?! So: Caution on own risk[...]


That's what I did to fix it:
  1. get the files from my tutorial here: Wiko Rainbow CM13 ROM
  2. (if connected) disconnect the phone from your computer
  3. remove the battery from the phone (for 5secs+)
  4. open SP Flashtool as Administrator
  5. pick the Scatter-file from the Fresh 04.12.2014_V1.13.zip Install
  6. choose install mode [FIRMWARE UPDATE]
  7. (if not autom. done) tick all checkboxes
  8. hit [DOWNLOAD] AND (within 2-3 seconds max) :
  9. put in the battery and plug the cable
  10. wait for the tool to finnish
  11. disconnect the phone, remove the battery
  12. in sp flash tools now chose mode "Download" from the dropdown menu
  13. untick all checkboxes but let "RECOVERY" checked.
  14. click right next onto the path of the recovery to chose one
  15. there pick the TWRP 3 for Wiko Rainbow
  16. hit [DOWNLOAD] 
  17. put back in the battery
  18. plug your phone to the computer
  19. wait till [OK] is prompted
  20. unglug your phone.
  21. turn on your phone
  22. let the phone boot normally
  23. when finnished you may or may not do the base config reboot into recover
    1.  (hit [VOLUME-UP] while the phone restarts). 
    2. [SWIPE] to allow modifications
  24. Wipe -> Format Data -> yes
  25. Advances wipe -> Everything but internal sd + USB
  26. install the Wiko Rainbow Cyanog CM 13 ROM
  27. install the (pico in my case) Wiko Rainbow Cyanogen CM13 gApps
  28. reboot
  29. if your nvram is damaged, pick "Chamelephon" and enter your IMEIs
    1. You can find your original IMEIs behind your battery
You are all done and ready to go. Have fun with your shiny new Wiko Rainbow CyanogenMOD 13 Marshmallow 6.0.1 ROM.



All neccesary downloads can be found HERE or:

  1. SP Flash Tool
  2. Fresh 04.12.2014_V1.13.zip ROM
  3. Wiko Rainbow Cyanogen CM 13 ROM
  4. Wiko Rainbow Cyanogen CM13 gApps
  5. TWRP 3 for Wiko Rainbow
  6. Fix for Wiko Rainbow NVRAM Error 

Kommentare

  1. I did these steps but my phone is still not detected by sp flash tool ( neither it shows in device manager. The last time I used my phone when I installed marshmallow rom. Then my phone went off and it never turned on. I can hear ding dong sound when I attach my phone with PC but sp flash tool not detect my device. Any help will be appreciated!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Sorry for beeing late. Removing the old drivers for Wiko the Rainbow and rebooting before and after the installation of the new ones would have been my recommandations.

      Another workaround is to use the PDA-USB-DRIVER-TOOL, deinstall it after it installed it's driver, then proceed with my tutorial.

      Löschen
  2. ok now it worked. I don't know what fixed this problem but this is what I did.
    I downloaded fresh rom (you mentioned above). Uninstalled all drivers (android drivers from device manager) and re installed all drivers. Then flashed using sp ft. It worked. Thanks a lot! Rom flashed in my device after months.... :D it was turned off for months because it was dead and I was not using it.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Sorry for answering late. I forgot one essential step with the USB-driver tutorial for the Wiko Rainbow: UNINSTALL ALL DRIVERS BEFORE TRYING THE NEW ONES. :) Also a reboot is needed sometimes. ;) thanks for reminding. I'm experimenting with another Cyanogen CM13.1 ROM for the Wiko Rainbow right now. I might setup a review - IF it's cool.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. can i install this rom for my Micromax A120???

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hello, some of the files are offline. Can you check it out? Thanks

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. @ Nagarjunna Vijayagirii: I think yes. The Rainbow should be a clone to the Micromax A120 device. Most ROMs are developed for the Micromax A120 and only used also by Wiko Rainbow users. :)

    You should go with one of the newer ROMs like:

    http://meandmywiko.blogspot.de/2016/09/wiko-rainbow-ressurection-remix-573-rom.html

    or

    http://meandmywiko.blogspot.de/2016/09/wiko-rainbow-aicp-110-rom-on-xda.html

    or

    http://meandmywiko.blogspot.de/2016/07/wiko-rainbow-xosp-61-rom.html

    I'm for now on the AICO but will check out the new 5.7.3 Ressurection Remix later this day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. hi, where i can find the new drivers, it was giving me brom error s_ft_da_no_response and now simply nothing appear on flastool. thanks

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Wiko Rainbow - repair / fix invalid IMEI error / bug - super easy

Wiko Rainbow Cyanogen CM 14 ROM - First Nougat 7.0 ROM CM 14 ROM for the Wiko Rainbow Spotted on XDA

Wiko Rainbow Cyanogen CM 13 ROM - Marshmallow 6.0.1 at XDA for Wiko Rainbow